Friday, June 17, 2011

Those Phone Calls Have Started Again

Thursday 16th June, 2011

I finished off the laundry today and even managed to get some of it dried outside.  The temperature was rather cool even though the sun was shining and it was quite windy. Good drying weather!

During the day guess who I got another phone call from?  A wretched call centre in India.  This time I didn't have an infection in my computer, instead it was showing up on their end that I had a lot of yellow triangles. 
Bwahahahahaha......what's that supposed to mean?

I was told that many people do not understand computers and so he went on to explain to me that when you connect your computer to the internet it also connects to millions of computers around the world.  This is where these yellow triangles come from, someone puts them on your computer much like a virus.  They can also be red crosses but my computer didn't have those.

He told me that I didn't have to do anything, that he could fix my problem from his end.  He  asked if the computer was switched on.  I told him that it wasn't (it was).  He said to go and turn it on and he would wait.  I put the phone down and went off and hung out a load of washing, mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors.  I was gone for maybe 20 minutes and when I came back to the phone he had gone.  So much for waiting....lol

I did expect another phone call from them but none was forthcoming.  They are the biggest PITA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment