Saturday, June 4, 2011

Finally, I Can Pick Up The Doors

Saturday 4th June, 2011

This morning I was up early ready for the new day.  Our plans for today were to go and pick up the doors for the DVD cabinets, call into Robyn and Bobs' and then home to tackle more of the cleaning.  Soon after Tony got up he got a phone call and had to go into work as there was an emergency.

I stayed home while he went in and got myself ready for when he got back.  I rang Katie to see how she was feeling.  She sounded croaky but said she was starting to feel much better.  Just us doing the cleaning sounded boring to her so she decided not to come over......lol.

When Tony got back we left and called into Robyn's first as they were planning on going out later in the afternoon.  I had to drop off her cleaning products I got for her plus some other things I found while cleaning.

When we left there we went and had a sandwich and coffee and then went and got the doors.  They looked great!!!  I am so happy with them.  I also went to Ned's and got some flowers (roses) for the big vase that's in the hallway.

We came home and started to finish off the hallway.  We got the pictures hung, and the curtains put back up.  Uh-oh I think I have to get some new curtains, these are starting to rot.  They get the afternoon sun on them and since that's when the sun is at it's hottest, I suppose they will eventually start to deteriorate.......still not bad for the 17 years they've hung there.  

Tony put the new doors on the cabinets and they look better than the original ones.   At least if the glass ever shatters in these we will be able to replace the glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment