Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Tot Siens"...Yes, She's Got It!!!

Sunday 23rd January, 2011

After a busy day yesterday and a great night last night, this morning took us a while to get going.  No-one felt like doing too much and Katie had no ideas as to what she wanted to do for the day.

I suggested going to the movies but she wasn't really interested.  By lunch time she thought that she might like to go and ride her bike.  That was alright with us.

While we were sitting around talking she asked me if I spoke English when I was little or did I speak another language.  I told her that I spoke English.  I said, "Poppa spoke another language."  "No he didn't," she said.  "Yes, he did." I said.

So Tony started talking Dutch to her and the look on her face was priceless.  She was so shocked yet amused at the same time that he could speak another language.  Now she wants to learn the language.

She found it very funny that Tony could speak another language

Katie trying to get that throaty sound

We went and had some lunch then took her to the park to ride her bike.  It was much hotter out than what we had thought and so the bike riding didn't last too long.

Not knowing what else to do, and seeing I wanted to go to Bunning's Hardware to have a look at a couple of things, I suggested to her that she could go on the playground there.  She was happy with that so off we went.

While there she had her face painted......first she was going to be a fairy, then a mermaid but decided to be a princess.

From the Lens.........Princess Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment