Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Not Sleeping Too Well

Tuesday 18th January, 2011


Went to bed a bit earlier last night as I was feeling tired, but I don't think it was a good idea.  Woke up and soon after I heard the clock chiming 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.........whaaaaaaatttttt 12.  It was only midnight and I felt like I had slept for hours.  Consequently I didn't have a very good night and today I have been feeling so tired.

I did manage to finish off the washing and get the ironing done. 

We are having trouble with our roller door to the garage and so the guy came out this afternoon to fix it.  The wheels at the end are crooked and so it doesn't run on the runner smoothly.  He said that usually they don't cause a problem and didn't have any in his van and so he would have to come back another day to fix it.  I also asked for a quote to have the door converted to electric.

It's not cheap, but talking to Tony we decided to go ahead and get it done when he comes back to fix the wheel.  It has nearly doubled in price since we first enquired about it nearly 6 years ago.  Tony, being an electrician, could do it himself but these days he reckons he's too old to get up and crawl around in ceiling spaces.  Plus they give a 5 year warranty.

Today was the start of the "Tour Down Under".  This is our equivalent of Tour de France but it only goes for 6 days.  We have all the top cycle teams and riders from the world here including Lance Armstrong.  This is going to be his last competitive ride.  Todays ride is from Mawson Lakes to Angaston, in the Barossa Valley.  They go through One Tree Hill, Gawler and all the places in between.

From the Lens...........Tour Down Under


                               pictures courtesy Adelaide Now website

No comments:

Post a Comment