Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas/New Year Holidays Are Over

Monday 3rd January, 2011


Last day of holidays for Tony today.  I have loved having him home but am so coffee logged.  Years ago I used to drink so much coffee, up to 12 cups a day.  That was also when I was a smoker.  Having given up smoking back in 1993, I also cut down my coffee consumption.

These days I have 2 cups of coffee a day, occasionally 3.  With Tony home I was having 4 or 5 cups a day.  If we weren't having a cup at home, we were going out to a coffee shop having one.  He is so used to drinking coffee at work, going off having one or two with the contractors every day I think he got caffeine withdrawals while he was on holidays.  Normally at home he drinks tea.

Even though it was a Public Holiday here today, because New Years Day fell on a Saturday, many of the shops were open.  Normally here in SA, the major shops and shopping centres don't open on Public Holidays.  This Christmas/New Year period was the first time they have done it.

Seeing I needed some milk and other bits and pieces we went shopping and I was surprised at how busy it was.  The only problem was I think, the shops used less staff as the queues were long.

From the Lens.........amongst all the cups of coffee I still managed one of these.........Cherry Smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment