Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Still Got Car Troubles

Wednesday 24th November, 2010

The most tragic news came through this afternoon that the 29 miners in the Pike River mine near Greymouth, New Zealand had died after a second explosion happened there.  A lot of people were hoping for the same miracle that happened in Chile a few weeks ago.

This morning Tori and her friend came around and as I needed to go into the city I ended up taking them into town as her friend had some business to do there.

Lucky I did.  Just before we left the rain came.  On the way in I had to turn the lights on and have the window wipers going.  By the time I got in to Tonys' work the lights had dimmed and the wipers were barely working.  Tony came down to check it out and went and rang the mechanic.

The mechanic asked for the car to be dropped off at around 3.30pm.  I drove the car home as I forgot my phone and in the few minutes it was switched off, it struggled to start again.  I only just managed to get it to the mechanics.  The instrument panel died, the wipers barely wiped the rain off the windscreen and it felt as if it had no power when I put my foot on the accelerator.

They ended up replacing the alternator and after having a new battery put in yesterday, they had to replace that as well as it was so flat.  We have everything crossed, hoping that this fixes the problem once and for all. 

When they tested the alternator yesterday it was tested with no load, plus Tony had the battery charger on the car all day Monday which we think also gave a false reading.  At least the mechanic got to see what the real problem was.

From the Lens...........We found Rudolph at Monarto Zoo


No comments:

Post a Comment