Saturday, October 16, 2010

Girl's Day Out

Saturday 16th October, 2010

Today was the annual shutdown for Tony's work, the day when all the contractors come in, turn everything off, work on what is needed to be fixed and slowly everything is restored back to normal hopefully without any further problems.

Katie and I had the day to ourselves.  We caught the bus to  Tea Tree Plaza and went and saw the movie "Diary of a Wimpy Kid".  It was most enjoyable.  Then we had a browse through the shops.  She bought herself a new Beanie Kid....a witch bear.


My weakness is perfume.....I LOVE it!!!  I think I have converted Katie as she loves to spray all the perfumes onto the cards.  She calls this her perfume collection.  As we passed the Chanel counter she wanted to have sprays of some of the perfumes and as she picked up Chanel No5 I said to her that this perfume is my ultimate favourite.

She sprayed it onto the Chanel card, had a sniff and said, "No Nanna, I don't like it".

"Leave it for a little while and have another smell" I told her.
She did this but then said "It doesn't smell right".

I asked her, "What do you mean?"

She replied, "It smells like dried up wee, see even where I sprayed it Nanna, it is yellow."


Oops! sorry Coco Chanel.

From the Plaza we caught the bus into town and called into Tony's work for a toilet break.  Then she decided she wanted to go on the train down to Noarlunga.  We walked down to the railway station but just missed it and had to wait another 58 minutes for the next one and so we decided to catch the train to Belair instead.


After we came back from Belair we walked back to Tony's work and on the way called into Waffles and Coffee and had a delicious Fruit Belgian Waffle, a waffle covered in cream and topped with strawberries, kiwi fruit and banana.  It was yummalicious!!!


By this time it was getting close to 6.00 pm so Katie rang Tony and he told her that he was finished at work, and so then we went back to meet him and decided to go to the Pancake Kitchen for tea.

What a day!!!  Katie loved it and told Poppa,"Nanna and I had the best time".

No comments:

Post a Comment