Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Another Year Bites The Dust!

Tuesday 31st December, 2013

                                                                                       
Well here we are, the last day of 2013.  I wonder what 2014 will bring.  I don't want for anything but if there was something I could wish for it would be to continue with good health and maybe lose some weight.  I'm not into making New Year's resolutions because by the 2nd January I've broken them.

When I was a young girl I was told that you shouldn't take any household chores from the old year into a new year, like make sure that the house is clean, the laundry is up to date and the ironing done.  They said whatever is left over from the old year you will always be doing it the following year.

Well 2014 looks like I'll be doing a helluva lot of ironing.  I have gone through and cleaned the house, the laundry is up to date but I have some ironing to do.  I ironed on Friday and so the pile is not huge but it can wait until the new year. 

Tony and I have no plans for tonight.  We aren't going into the city to watch the midnight fireworks.  We thought we may go for a drive later and if we are in time we can watch the 9.00pm fireworks that they put on for the children.  Several places do this now.

The weather is quite warm and so I reckon thousands will be heading to the beaches.  The maximum for today is 37C so later this evening the weather should just about be perfect.

                                                                                     Paper  -  Loucee Creations
                                                                                                                 Pigs and Word Art  -  High Four Designs


I wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment