Saturday, February 2, 2013

What's Happened To Summer?

Friday 1st February, 2013

One month down, 11 months to go.  So far, this year is skipping along as fast as previous years.

Since we have been back from holidays we've wondered where summer has gone.  Before we left the temperatures were hitting the mid 30's and above.  Since we've back the temperature is struggling to get into the mid 20's.  The weather man assures us that the warmer weather will return for a couple of days next week.  Not that I am complaining.  I am loving the cooler weather!

All I have been doing since we have been back is laundry.  I didn't think we took so many clothes away.  The laundry pile doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.  Then there is that dreaded task of ironing once the washing is done.  Ugh!

2 comments:

  1. Our seasons seem to flip flop each other. In a few weeks, it will be Spring here and temps will stay warmer longer. I don't mind lots of laundry. It's my favorite part of household chores. When I was younger, doing laundry meant using a scrub board. I did my laundry this way right up until just before my third child was born. Then I got me a washing machine. A gorgeous hand wringer one! lol. Today, we just load up the machine, put in the soap, and push a button. Wonderful. You have a fabulous day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the hand wringer washing machines and then came the twin tubs. I know doing the laundry is so much easier today, but it seems to take longer. I have a front loader and one load takes nearly 2 hours to go through it's cycle so I don't get too many loads done in a day. I''m not one to be there for when one load is done put in another one straight away
      Then it's having to hang the washing on the line, running out of line space, waiting for some of it to dry and on it goes
      Can you tell laundry is not my favourite chore?
      Enjoy your day!

      Hugs
      Judy xx

      Delete