Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Day That Changed The World

Saturday 11th September, 2010

Oh crap 10.00 am and I just got out of bed.  Hate that as I feel half the day has gone already.  I remember years ago it was no problem for me to get up at 11 am or later, get stuck into the housework and still have 'free' time, but now as I age I get slower and it takes me forever to do anything.  I have learned one thing though in my 'old' age......tomorrow is another day.  I am afraid housework takes a back seat these days, as long as the place is tidy that's OK with me.

I believe that when friends come to visit, they should come to visit you, not notice how clean/dirty the house is or see what you've got that's new.

After my coffee I am going to clean out the fridge.....that's the plan anyway......Tony's here to help.

The day outside doesn't look too bad either so maybe there might be some time to spend in the garden.

9 years ago today was that terrible day in the world's history.  The years have passed but the memory is as fresh as if it happened yesterday.  It is one of those events that we all know what we were doing when the planes flew into the Twin Towers in New York on that fateful morning.  Here in Australia it was around 11.00 pm on a  Monday night that the news came through, Tony had just gone to bed and I was finishing up on the computer.

When I heard the news on the radio I went and turned the TV on, went in and woke Tony and we watched the events unfold before our eyes.  It was unbelievable what we were seeing, the second plane flying into the tower, people running through the streets, confused not knowing what was happening, and then they crossed to Washington where a plane had flown into The Pentagon.

We sat in shock watching the TV until around 1am when Tony went back to bed.  I sat there till around 3am when I could no longer stay awake.

Today my thoughts and prayers are with all those families and friends who lost loved ones.

A day in the worlds history we never ever want to see repeated.

From the lens..........Spring Blossom


Come September and these trees full of blossom line Forrest Court making it a beautiful sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment