Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Summer That Keeps Breaking Records

Tuesday 11th February, 2014

I know I sound like a broken record but this summer has been one of breaking records.  Today, the temperature got to 42C and so this meant we have had the most days (12 days) where the temperature has gone above 40C.  Tomorrow we are expecting the mercury to go even higher....43C.  

Thursday, Friday and Saturday the forecast is for rain.  Yeah right!! I'll believe that when I see it.  They say Adelaide may get 30mm plus on Friday.  Let's hope we do get some rain.  I am sure the firefighters that are still trying to control the Bangor fire will welcome it.  That fire has been burning since the middle of January and is still nowhere near contained.  

On Saturday night we went with Robyn and Bob out for dinner and then on to Her Majestys' Theatre for a night of Del Shannon and Roy Orbison's music.  It was fantastic!!  

The concert was a celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the release of Roy Orbison's, "Oh Pretty Woman".  Dean Bourne sang Roy Orbison and Fallon sang Del Shannon.  They both had amazing voices and Dean Bourne really sounded like Roy Orbison.  They say he has the "spirit" of Roy Orbison with him.  

They rocked the Theatre on Saturday night and no-one left disappointed.  It was an amazing night, that no-one wanted to see end.



                                                 Photos taken from the Internet

Tomorrow the kitchen people are coming to finish my kitchen.  I have gotten used to having no doors on the cupboards.....at least it's cut my housework down by not having to wipe them over every week.  






1 comment:

  1. Oh, that concert sounds devine!! I just Roy Orbison's music. Actually, I love all the "oldies". I have a lot of it on my laptop so that I can listen whenever I wish. I surely do hope that you get that much needed rain, and a break in the temperatures. I hope that all the extreme weather changes these past two years are not going to become the norm. Seems like it is either too hot to breathe or too cold to go out. It would be so nice to get back our old fashioned "normal" seasons. Ah well, I can dream. I wish you a more comfy day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete