Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I Think I'm In Love With The Lycra.....Or Is It The Sport?

Tuesday 21st January, 2014

With that really hot weather behind us, for the time being at least, it was great to be able to get out of the house and do things.

On Sunday we went up to Beerenberg and picked some more strawberries with Robyn and Bob.  They still had lots to be picked and the strawberries didn't seem to be affected by that heat.  Perhaps they weren't as huge as the first time we were up there but we still did get some beauties.

After our strawberry picking we went to Mount Barker to have some lunch.  Robyn and Bob had never been to Mount Barker before and were amazed as to how big it is.  We went to our usual cafe that we normally go to and lots of other people all had the same idea.......beautiful day, let's go out.  The cafe was crowded.

On Monday the kitchen man came and removed my kitchen cupboard doors and hung the new ones to see if they fitted.  He took them away as they have to be finished off.  He left the drawers as is.  I don't know if I like the look of a kitchen without doors, but hopefully in a couple of weeks it will be back to normal. 

When he left Tony and I decided to go and pay for the oven and arrange a day for it to be delivered and we also did some shopping.  

I need some storage solutions as to how to organise my pantry properly and so we took a look at Storage World.  It gave me some ideas.

Today was Stage 1 of the Tour down Under and with Tony no longer working it was a great opportunity for us to go and watch it.  It started at Nuriootpa and finished at Angaston in the Barossa Valley.  At first the organisers thought that they may have had to cancel this leg because the area near Angaston was where the Eden Valley fire came very close to last Friday, but thankfully they didn't.

We got up there early and picked our spot, we thought the area around Seppeltsfield would be nice to watch it from.  We had a straight up the road view and then could watch them go around the corner. 

The circuit they chose for the riders was to ride 3 laps and so we waited for them to come by each lap. A lap took them just over an hour.  It felt a bit like the Tour de France......hahahaha.

While waiting for the peloton to come back there were plenty of other cyclists out and about riding the course, some staged, like the Ride for Cancer, others were just cycling clubs so there was plenty to watch while waiting.

Tomorrow part of their ride is close to us and so we are going to go and just watch that part.  They have included a King of the Mountain there.

I thought maybe I was in love with the Lycra and after leaving the race we went onto Tanunda and had a coffee.  Plenty of the wannabe cyclists also had the same idea as they also stopped and after seeing some of them in their Lycra I may have changed my mind.....lol.  Perhaps it's the sport that I'm in love with!

No comments:

Post a Comment