Saturday, September 7, 2013

National Sausage Sizzle Day

Saturday 6th September, 2013

Today is national sausage sizzle day, oops I mean election day.  Today we have to go and vote for a new Federal Government.  Do we vote for the Labor Party led by Kevin Rudd or the Liberal/National Party (Coalition) led by Tony Abbott?

Neither party has promised too much to help the semi retired, self funded pensioners.  The coalition said it will scrap the Carbon Tax but the Labor Party pays the pensioners a compensation for the Carbon Tax.  Health is another worry.  I thank God that Tony and I have got pretty good health at the moment but when that time comes where we will need assistance will it be available to us?  We have private health insurance but in the future will we be able to continue paying for it?  

It has always been the right of every Australian to have FREE hospital care in a public hospital. If you want to have your own doctor or go to a private hospital then you have private health insurance to cover you for that.

Well the polls have closed and it looks as if this country has a new Prime Minister........Tony Abbott.  It was not the bloodbath that all the pre polls were expecting.  Labor lost quite a few seats but some experts were saying that the Liberals would end up with over 100 seats.  The last results I saw were that Liberals had 88 and Labor had 54 seats with some seats still in doubt.  

Time will tell to see what kind of Prime Minister he will be but I am not holding my breath.  He has already said that he will not continue to fund the car makers in this country.  That's not good especially for South Australia because we have a relatively large workforce here that is involved with car making, like Holdens, and also car component  manufacturers.

They call it National Sausage Sizzle  Day because practically every polling booth around the country has a sausage sizzle.  Ours did and Tony and I enjoyed a sausage after we cast our vote.

Tony Abbott with his wife and daughters

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, I had quite a bit of catching up to do. I had to laugh at the title "sausage sizzle" day. So fitting a name for politicians, not to mention the good food from the vendors. I think the idea of bringing the country animals to the city is a wonderful idea. I hope you took photos. I love your pictures. Now I'm off to take a nap. Have to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for work tonight. lol. You have a fabulous day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete