Tuesday, August 20, 2013

We Were Spared

Tuesday 20th August 2013

Thank goodness we were spared most of the wild weather that had been forecast for us last Friday.  The weekend wasn't too bad at all weather wise.  Saturday was a lovely day.....sunshine and very little wind.   I went and did my scrapbooking class and on Saturday night we went out to dinner with Robyn and Bob. 

Sunday was breezy with showers and so we stayed home doing very little.....I got caught up on backing up some of my computer files with the help of Tony.  He burnt them to discs for me.

Other areas of the state did get some heavy rain and wind....mainly the Adelaide Hills and they also had flooding in some areas.

Yesterday they forecast only 13C and so I continued with the backing up of my files.  Even though the sun was  shining I didn't fancy going out and doing any shopping.  Tony picked up some bread and milk on his way home from work.

Today I want to go and order some new curtains for a couple of the windows.  When I washed them a few months ago they are showing signs of being needed to be replaced.   The Spotlight stores are having a 30% off sale, so it's a good time to go and see what they have.

This year I have been watching more TV in the evenings than in past years and so I have taken up crocheting again.  I used to do it many years ago.  I was going to make a shawl but it ended up being a rug.  I thought of giving it to charity for a homeless person to use but Tony said he wants to use it himself.  Katie may have other ideas as she also expressed interest in it.

I may have to buy more wool and make some more.  It's nice to have something to do while sitting in front of the TV.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that the bad weather missed you. You are right, it's a great time to just sit and watch some TV and crochet. I love how your rug came out, and it's such a pretty color. Pretty soon I will be picking up my crochet hook and some yarn too. Evenings are getting cooler now. I'm off now to do battle with the dishes in the kitchen sink. lol. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete