Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Farmers Have Been Busy

Sunday 19th May, 2013

The beautiful days we had last week were short lived but we made the most of the gorgeous weather while it lasted.  This week has been cold and wet. We had 64 mm of rain ( that's close to 2.5 inches), so there are some very happy farmers who have been plowing and seeding.  I've seen enough water, it's time for the sun to re-emerge once again.

Nothing much to report....my week was uneventful.  Last night Robyn and Bob came for dinner.  For months Bob had been talking about wanting Sauerkraut and so I offered to cook him some.  Tony's mum used to cook it and so I remembered how she used to make it and I gave it a go.  

A couple of weeks ago I thought I had better have a practise run as it has been years since I last had it.  It turned out pretty good, though Tony thought I used too much potato.  This time I cut down on the potato and even though it was still nice, I prefer the extra potato in it........it isn't as sour.  I think Robyn and Bob enjoyed it too, well they said they did! 

To go with the sauerkraut I cooked a pork belly which I cut up and added to the sauerkraut, pork spare ribs, Rookwurst and Tony had Worcestershire sauce and black pepper sausages .


Robyn brought the dessert.....she made another Raspberry White Chocolate cheesecake.  This time she layered the raspberries and it was delish!


Today was a lazy day.......we just lazed around in the morning and this afternoon we had to go to the Chemist and then decided to go for a drive into the country.  This time we took the main highway north.   

We cut across country at Port Wakefield to Balaclava and then to Mallala and Virginia and then home. 


We could see where a lot of the farmers had been busy.  Some of the crops were already starting to show signs of bits of green coming through the ground.  It's amazing what a little bit of rain and sunshine can do.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you finally got some needed rain. But now I hope the sun shines for you. That cheesecake does look yummy. Enjoy your lazy time. It's good for you. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete