Friday, April 5, 2013

Yes Sir, No Sir, Anything Else Sir?

Friday 5th April, 2013

Why does this country bend over backwards to satisfy other countries and/or religious demands?  Take today for example, Qantas, our international airline which recently joined forces with the Emirates airline company have taken pork off their inflight menu along with any alcohol based meals because it is against the teachings of Islam.


 Qantas no longer flies to Singapore on its way to Europe, instead they now fly through Dubai.  Why is it that these Arab countries and/or their people have so much say in what we do?  Who the hell are these people?  Why are we so scared of upsetting them? 

We personally don't eat pork so it doesn't bother me if they serve it or not, but for the people who do enjoy it why can't they still eat it.  If you don't eat it, order something else or let them know at the time of booking your tickets that you don't eat certain foods and I'm sure they will cater to your requirements.

If they don't like the food we serve up on our planes let them fly Emirates or Etihad.  Before long the domestic flights will be adopting the same catering rules, if they haven't already.

This country's freedoms are slowly being eroded away.  I shudder to think what sort of country Katie and her children will be living in in another 30 or so years.

1 comment:

  1. Well, my friend, I could go on for days here about all the rights and freedoms a lot of us Americans have lost and are losing because of someone else's likes and dislikes.

    I think when you hook up with a company, it must be because there is something there you like. So why change it?

    The same with my country. (or yours) It's one thing to move to my country. But when you get here, don't try to re-make my country into the one you left behind. If you liked yours so much, you should never have left it in the first place.

    I agree, I'm not feeling good about the country (and world) that my grandchildren and great grandchildren are growing up in.

    You have a good day. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete