Monday, December 31, 2012

2013.....I'm Ready!

Monday 31st December, 2012




Goodbye 2012

Hello 2013....I am ready!

Laundry done....check

Ironing done.....check

House all clean......check

Happy New Year everyone!   May you all have a prosperous year full of love, laughter, good health and all that your heart desires.

Tony and I stayed home again this year.  For some reason both of us didn't feel like going out to celebrate the New Year.
Although we did go for a drive along the beach earlier in the evening and so we had to have an icecream....



Earlier in the day I listened to the guy who sets up Sydney's fireworks and so I was interested to see them.  What a  let down....they did not have the wow factor for me.  I realise that to see fireworks you should be there, you don't get the same feel for them on TV, and this guy said there would be bird and koala shaped fireworks, but I didn't see any.

This is how us Aussies get to celebrate New Years when it's hot......




Semaphore..... at midnight they have fireworks off the jetty

Today's temperature got to around 32C, tomorrow is going to be 33C and Thursday and Friday the weatherman is saying that it will get to 41C and 42C respectively.  A really hot start to the New Year!






1 comment:

  1. Oh boy I'm jealous. I wouldn't mind celebrating New Year's that way. Ours is cold. You need to wear mittens to drive the car until the heat comes on. Imagine, you guys in bathing suits, and us guys in snuggies and mittens!

    I'm wishing you and your family a fabulous New Year. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete