Friday, August 3, 2012

Cold Start To August

Friday 3rd August, 2012


So far the start of August has been the coldest  in 13 years.  On Wednesday several places in the state had minus temperatures, here in Adelaide it varied to just above 0C degrees to 2C degrees.

This morning we woke up to a very foggy morning.  The airport had to reschedule several flights due to the fog.  Looking forward to next week, they say we should have a couple of days around 20C degrees.



We have been watching the Olympics.  Unfortunately most of the medal rounds are held in the early hours of the morning while I am tucked up in my bed..  We still get to see a lot of the action, albeit most of it replays.  Australia has been disappointing with their medal count, but congratulations must go to all the athletes just for representing their country and competing.

Still, Australia punches well above its weight when it comes to how well they perform.  Compared to the other heavy weights of the world, eg China, United States, Germany we don't do too bad.  Our population is a lot smaller than these countries and we sit somewhere in the top ten.

I think this is the best photo of the Olympics so far.  It's William and Kate at the cycling when Great Britain won a gold medal at the Velodrome.  It was so nice to see their spontaneous response..... protocol went right out the window.






2 comments:

  1. I love your foggy photo. I always grab my camera when I see a fog or mist rolling in. That picture of Kate and William is the best one I've seen of them. They looks so absolutely happy. God bless them. You have a wonderful night. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again. There is an award waiting for you on my blog. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete