Thursday, June 21, 2012

Winter Solstice

Thursday 21st June, 2012


For some, today is the first day of Winter.  If this is the case it has come with a vengeance, we have had the most rainfall for a June day in 7 years.  So far our rain gauge has shown us to have had over 50 mm.


For me I also know this day as being the shortest day of the year.  From this day forward the days start getting longer, not as in more hours, I know I could do with more of them, but as in more daylight. In a couple of months we'll be going into Spring and then Summer.  


I'm counting the days............71 to be exact!!!

 Waterfall Gully
                                                               Photo taken from Adelaide Now

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Waterfall Gully - a rather regular walk and picnic spot for us when we lived in Trinity Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your waterfall photo. It looks like such a wonderfully restful place to sit and relax. Amazing to see that you are beginning your Winter as we are starting our Summer. The internet brings so many different worlds and peoples together in one place. I find that absolutely fascinating. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete