Sunday, April 15, 2012

"Everything Will Work Out Fine In The End, And If It's Not Yet Fine, It Is Not Yet The End"

Sunday 15th April, 2012

The last few days the weather has been absolutely gorgeous.  I am not complaining, well not at the moment anyway.....lol.  We can expect more of the same up until next Thursday at least.

On Friday afternoon Jodi, Tanecia and Taylor popped in for a visit.  It is school holidays here, they go back for Term 2 on the 23rd April.  Tanecia has been having back problems and so Jodi was taking her for Xrays.

Yesterday, Tony and I went to Harbour Town.  Tony needed some new shirts and trousers for work.  This company whom he works for does not have a uniform.  We ended up buying some for him, plus I got some new sheets and other bits and pieces.  I really just needed a couple of fitted sheets for the bed. 

The elastic has gone in the fitted sheets that I have and so I was going to mix and match the sheets, but we found it's so hard to buy them.  I think everyone else has the same idea.    If any of the stores had some they were in either black, white or some other ghastly colour.  All the popular colours were gone.  In the end I bought a sheet set.

Harbour Town is so popular, there are always so many people there.  It is supposed to be a discount Brand Outlet precinct, eg Tarocash, Sheridan, Jag, Gazman, Stafford Ellinson, Royal Doulton, Bed Bath 'n Table, Bendon, Country Road, Cotton On Kids, Cheeki Kids, Bolle, Betts, and so the list goes on.  There would be well over 100 stores plus Woolworths, a chemist, eateries and coffee shops.

Well, going back to my previous comment of being a discount retail precinct, we had seen some Gazman shirts for Tony in one of the stores in the shopping centre.  They were priced at $69.95.  Knowing that Gazman was at Harbour Town, we ended up there.  Same shirt there was for $79.95, so much for discount.  We ended up getting his shirts and trousers from Stafford Ellinson, over $300 worth for under $200.


Wonderful sunset as we drove home along the coast
On the way home we decided to go to the movies.  I had been wanting to go and see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel".  Supposedly a movie about 'older' people it seemed right up our alley.  When we got home, which was nearer to 8pm I looked on the net and the time for the movie was 9.30pm.  We had a quick bite to eat, a coffee and it was time to go.

I loved it.  Love Maggie Smith.  Maybe because we're in the age bracket this movie is directed at, I related to it very well.  Had some great laugh out loud moments.  Tony and I both came away from the movie feeling uplifted.



Today we had plans to do some gardening and tidy up around the back but because we had a late start to the morning those plans didn't eventuate.  There's always next weekend.

Instead we just lazed around all day.  This evening my favourite TV show, Dancing with the Stars is back on for it's 12th season.  I love this show.




Today is the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.  The TV has been full of programs on the sinking of this supposedly unsinkable ship.  I am totally sinked out. 


1 comment:

  1. How I wish we had a Harbourtown here in Geneva as everything is so shockingly expensive. Our local shopping centre is always jam-packed with buyers, yet I remarked to LC that there's exactly two stores (out of, say, 30) that I can afford to walk into and maybe buy something from - C&A and H&M.

    Would love to see the new Maggie Smith movie too - she's a classic in everything she's in!

    ReplyDelete