Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Birthday

Sunday 22nd January, 2012

"Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me"........I'm another year older.  I had a great day.  Firstly Robyn and Bob came around and we went to Hahndorf and to the Old Mill for lunch.  Had a very nice smorgasbord, ate too much as usual.



When we finished lunch we went and put a few dollars in the Pokies.  Don't know when I last played them but they really don't hold much interest for me.  I came out with $20 and so we went and looked for a coffee shop to have a coffee.  It was so hot outside, the temperature was in the high 30's. There weren't too many people walking up and down the street.

We drank our coffee outside under the trees but it was too warm to sit around for very long.  By the time we got back home it was close to 5pm and we had to organise ourselves to go and pick up Rick and Dianne as we were going to meet Jodi and Troy at Wee Willies for dinner.


I had my camera with me this time and so Tanecia went and took photos of the toilet doors at Wee Willies for me.



Tony and I didn't feel like eating too much after the lunch we had.  Luckily they were slow in serving dinner, Tony and I were the last to receive ours.   We both just had chicken schnitzel.  It was a nice evening.  We got home around 10.00pm.  Normally I don't like all this fuss for my birthdays, to me it's just another day, but thankyou to Robyn, Bob, Andrew, Simone, Rick, Dianne, Jodi, Troy, Tori, Tanecia and Taylor for making it a lovely day.


On Saturday we did some cleaning up outside, Tony mowed the lawn and trimmed the tree, while I vacuumed out the back.  It was the first time using the new vacuum cleaner for outside.


When Tony was finished in the garden he gave the car it's first major clean.  It looked nice and clean and shiny.  After dinner we went for a drive down to the beach at Largs North for an icecream. 



From the Lens.................my birthday present

1 comment: