Monday, December 26, 2011

The Day After

Monday 26th December, 2011

Well, Christmas is over for another year.  We had a great day, well, as good a day as I could have as I ended up with gastro.  We don't think it was caused by eating food as no-one else ended up with it.  I think I may have got a bug from somewhere.  Most of the day was spent on the toilet and in the morning with a bowl.  Hehehehe at least I didn't have to complain about eating too much and the extra weight I gained!

Katie slept over on the Saturday night and so Kahra and Darrin came by early to watch her open her presents.  She was very happy with what she IPod touch, Pet Shop toys and walkables, Pet Shop Tree House, Geleeze, Zsu Zsu Pets Castle, Sock Monkey plus some Gomu erasers.

Tony cooked breakfast on the barbque, bacon, sausages, tomato and we had scrambled eggs.  I didn't eat anything.

We had arranged to go to the park with Robyn and Bob for lunch but I got Tony to ring them to cancel the park.  I couldn't stray too far from a loo. 

We went to Robyn's place around midday.  By the time we were ready to sit down for lunch I was feeling a bit better and so I thought I would try and have something to eat.  I had some prawns and yabbies and a bread roll.  As we were having lunch the heavens opened and down came the rain, not much, but enough to ruin our lunch if we were at the park.

I still had to go to the toilet but the visits were getting further apart.  We sat around talking, a nice way to spend the day and left there around 8.00pm.  I went straight to bed when I got home but was awake around 4.00 am needing the toilet again.  Around 1.00pm it all stopped.  I was able to eat something and not have to go to the toilet.

Bob grows several fruit trees at their place, apricots, peaches, nectarines, oranges and mandarines.  They decided to dry a few of their takes me back to when I was a child and we used to go out apricot cutting at my Uncles' block to earn some pocket money.  On reflection......I hated those days as it used to be so hot in the "cutting shed".

Uncle would have been proud

Today was spent just lazing around and doing nothing.  This evening we took all the boxes, paper and rubbish into work.

On Saturday afternoon we called into Rick and Dianne's place to have a Christmas drink.  We didn't stay long as they were going to his mother's place for the evening.  Jodi, Troy and the girls came on Saturday night.  They brought chicken and salads for dinner.

Squinkies game from Rick and Dianne

The girls loved their presents from us as did Katie from them.  Jodi gave her a Santa bag with $50.  She was over the moon. 

All Taylor wants for Christmas is her front teeth

On Friday after having my nails done I went and met Tony and then we went and picked up Katie.  On the way home we did some last minute grocery shopping.  Dropped the shopping off home and decided to go to the Christmas Spectacular at the Paradise Community church.  Katie wasn't amused by it.  There was nothing for her to do, she's not into listening to preachers.  

She was expecting something like last year where there were show rides, amusements and other activities to do.  They didn't have that this year.  Instead we went into town, caught the tram to the Brewery and had a look at the Christmas Lights display on the Riverbank.  By the time we got back home it was well after midnight.

Early on Thursday morning, about 7.30 am, Andrew and Simone came by to pick up the Pulsar.  They had caught the bus from Geelong overnight.  They didn't stay long as they still had to drive back.  I dreaded each time the phone rang as I was expecting it to be them saying that the car had broken down.  When I did speak to them about 7.30pm they said that the car hadn't missed a beat, it was going great.  They were still an hour away from home.

Over the next couple of days it's time to pack away the Christmas tree and get the house cleaned all ready for the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment