Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Thought I'd Get The Earth To Move

Wednesday 19th October, 2011

Woke up this morning to a perfect day, overnight temperature was 22C and our expected maximum was going to be 33C.  During the night, at precisely 2.22am Adelaide had a slight earthquake, it registered 3.3 on the Richter scale.

Both Tony and I slept through it, never heard or felt a thing.  According to some reports on the radio there was a sort of explosion like a sonic boom plus the sound of rumbling, like a train coming through.  Peoples' houses and windows shook but there was no damage. 

Seeing the day was going to be warm I thought I would go and water the pot plants.  So just after 7.00am I went out and started watering.  I wasn't there for very long.........I went a gutsa.  I tripped over my own feet, falling flat on my face, hurting my knee and spraining my wrist.  All day I have been in pain, especially my wrist. 

I rang Tony to let him know that I did try and make the earth move for him, seeing he missed it earlier.   He laughed and told me to just take it easy for the rest of the day.  Little does he know that I can't do much anyway, just trying to make a coffee is about impossible.  My knee is sore but it lets me get around, using my left hand and wrist is what hurts the most.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring some relief.  I gotta get my housework finished seeing I made a start on it yesterday.

From the Lens..........lots of Hippieastrums this year

No comments:

Post a Comment