Friday, August 5, 2011

Grrrrrrr.......What Do I Do With No Internet?

Friday 5th August, 2011

Grrrrrrr - not happy Jan!!!  We have had so much trouble with our Internet connection since Tuesday.   Rang Tech support and there was a message to say that they were having trouble with the Cable Internet in South Australia.  Rang again about 3 hours later but they couldn't seem to help other than to say they could send a technician out on the 10th August.  I said I would leave it and see what it was like Wednesday.

Wednesday morning it was no better.  I managed to switch off the power to the modem and left it off all day.
At least it gave me the opportunity to go through the house and do some housework, uninterrupted.  lol.  When Tony came home from work he unplugged the cable, left it for about half an hour and after dinner plugged everything in again and hey presto! we had an internet connection, of sorts.

It was so slow, and I mean s-l-o-w.  It took forever to load pages.  Rang Tech support again and was left holding for ages.  In the end I gave up and thought would try again tomorrow.  Rang again on Thursday and the only thing I was told to do was to put a paper clip in the reset button on the back of the modem and leave it for about 10 seconds.  Where the modem is, we haven't got much room to manouvre so I decided to wait until Tony came home from work. 

Tony did this but it made no difference......still no internet.  After dinner I rang again and another message was on the phone saying that Telstra was having problems with the cable internet.  During the evening I rang a few more times and each time there was the same message plus they were saying that they had no indication of when it would be up and running.

This morning I got up, turned on the computer and guess what?  We have an internet connection!!!  Yay and it seems to be working a bit better than what it had previously.  Geez how we have come to rely on our computers and the internet.  Whatever did I do with my life before computers?  Maybe had more of a life than what I do now hehehehe.

I had better finish this up and get on catching up with friends and playing games on Facebook while the internet is still working.  My farms, gardens and cities wait for no-one!!!

From the Lens...........all the lights are working

No comments:

Post a Comment