Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dear Katie

Wednesday 31st August, 2011

Dear Katie,

It has been 12 months to the day since I wrote my first blog.  I have often been asked why do I do it.  The reason is simple.  YOU were my inspiration.  I hope that in the future this will give you, your children and your grandchildren a glimpse into what life was like back in 2010-2011.

You have often asked me what did I do in the olden days.  You want to know if we had cars, did I play with toys, what school did I go to, did we have television, and a myriad of other questions. 

After answering your questions I tried to explain to you that these days are going to be your olden days to your children and grandchildren.  You didn't understand what I was trying to say.

The last 12 months I have tried to write down our daily activities.  I know I have missed some days, but on these days nothing much happened.  Poppa and I just did our normal things, he was at work and I was home doing what I normally do, housework, ironing, shopping, cooking.

I plan on getting these last 12 months into book form and as you read through the months I hope it will bring back many special memories of the times we spent together, the weekends when you came to stay and the fun times we had.

Poppa and I will always treasure these special times.   We didn't think we could love you any more each day........but we were wrong!!!

I am going to continue blogging, maybe not everyday but I will try to blog about the important things in our life as they happen.

Hugs and kisses
Nanna and Poppa

xxxxooooxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment