Friday, February 11, 2011

I AM A Senior!

Friday 11th February, 2011

Well it's official, I can now be known as a Senior.  When you reach the age of 60 years you can apply for a Senior's Card as long as you are not in employment of 20 hours or more a week.   I applied for one and today I received my card in the mail.

By having this card it entitles you to free public transport on weekends and between 9.01am and 3.00pm weekdays. At other times during the week you get half price travel.  You can also receive discount on meals when you eat out.  Various shops, government services, entertainment, accomodation and caravan parks also give discounts to holders of these cards.

Even though they give you a booklet of all the services you are entitled to some may not apply if you have a spouse or partner who works more than 20 hours a week.

From the Lens........my card

No comments:

Post a Comment