Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Monday 14th February, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!  In our 38 years of marriage I can't remember us ever celebrating Valentine's Day.
Tony once told me, that as he loves me everyday and everyday for him is Valentines Day, he doesn't need one day of the year to remind him.

He certainly knows NOT to buy me RED flowers.  For some reason I don't like red flowers in flower arrangements.  Whenever anyone gives me a bouquet of flowers or sends me an arrangement and there are red flowers in it I always remove them.  I often buy a bunch of flowers for the house but I will NEVER buy red ones.

I don't mind red flowers in a garden but that is where they should stay as far as I am concerned.  Yet the colour red is one of my favourite colours......I love to wear it except in lipstick and nail polish.

Well this year we aren't really celebrating Valentines Day but for a bit of fun I decided to make a heart jar.  I pinched this idea from one of the blogs that I regularly read.  In it I put some candy hearts, 2 chocolate hearts, and cut out some paper hearts on which Tony and I wrote little love notes to each other.  Hehe.


Much better than a Valentines Day card or 100 roses for $990 as seen in the paper today.  OMG who would spend that much on flowers that will last a couple of weeks maximum?

From the Lens.......Valentine cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment