Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Garden Of Unearthly Delights

Sunday 20th February, 2011

This morning looks cool and overcast outside, let's hope the sun comes out and turns it into a nice day like yesterday weather wise.  We are planning on going to the Garden of Unearthly Delights today and have a look at some of the Fringe activities.

We also wanted to catch the train to Outer Harbour to see the Queen Mary 2 cruise ship leave but by the time we got ourselves organised it was too late.  It was due to leave at midday.  It was just after midday when we left the house to go and catch the bus to go into the city.

We caught the M44 bus this time, but for some reason (maintenance most probably) part of the O-Bahn was closed and so the trip into the city took over an hour.

We dropped Katies' bag off at work and walked down to the East End and the Garden of Unearthly Delights.  The day had turned out nice weather wise, though the wind was cool.  All Katie was interested in was having rides on the sideshows. 

Seeing we only had a couple of hours to spare that's all we decided to do.  She got fed up waiting in line as a couple of the lines were 30-45 minutes wait to have a turn.  She wanted to go on the trampolines and have a go in the giant balls on the water. 

She stood in line for about 20 minutes at the trampoline and got sick of waiting.  Then decided against the balls when she saw how long that line was.  She did get to go on the Sky Diver.  We let her go on by herself and she enjoyed it. 

By now it was getting on for after 4.00pm and we had to head back to get her bag and then catch the tram down to Glenelg.  We met her mum around 6.00pm.  Tony and I then went and had coffee at The Dome.  Dominic was working (he is a partner in the business which also has a coffee shop at Tony's work) and we got talking to him.  By the time we left there it was after 7.30pm.

Instead of catching the tram back into the city and then waiting for the bus we can get the J1 bus from Glenelg which takes us back to Golden Grove.  We decided to do this but having just missed one we had to wait almost an hour for the next bus.  Grrrrr that's what I don't like about public transport, the sitting around, waiting, especially when you don't have a timetable.

This trip took 1hour 20 minutes.  Bloody hell!!! would hate to do the trip during peak hour.  No sooner had we walked in the door and the phone rang.  It was Tori and she wanted to come around to discuss some problems she was having......what a time to want to do it!!  Still, I would never turn my back on her so she came around with 2 of her friends.

They left after 11.00pm and so it was off to bed for us.  Fingers crossed we get our car back tomorrow.  Catching buses is OK once in a while, but doing it all is too tiring. 

From the Lens........a few of the entertainment tents in the garden

No comments:

Post a Comment