Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's Raining Here

Thursday 13th January, 2011

Awoke this morning to the news that the Brisbane River did not reach the peak of 5.5m, instead it got to 4.5m.  Yaaayyy! that's good news, if you can call it that.  Still, thousands of homes have been flooded.  Some 70 towns and cities throughout Queensland have been flooded in some way.

I have just been sorting my wardrobe to donate some of my clothes and I am also going to get a couple of boxes, shoe box size, and give to the "Shoebox of Love", appeal.  When I go shopping I am going to get some toiletries and fill one with them and the other one I will fill with pencils, books, colouring books and some small toys.

It is raining here at the moment and it feels really weird because I am also watching the floods on TV again.  I know we are not getting the torrential rain like Queensland did, but every now and then I go and check outside.  Call me paranoid.....lol.

From the Lens.............raindrops

No comments:

Post a Comment