Monday, November 8, 2010

What The........No Phone???

Monday 8th November, 2010

Today is like every other Monday......hard to get motivated.
I did manage to get some laundry done and got the vacuum out and did a bit of dusting as well.

Been trying to ring Tony to get him to call into the shops on the way home as there's a few things I want.  Not going shopping today as I have to go out Wednesday so I will do it then.

I pick up the phone, get a dial tone, but as soon as I start to dial his number I get the message, "This number has been disconnected".   Grrrrrrr!!!!!  I tried to ring several times, always with the same message.

Waited until Tony came home and asked why his phone had been disconnected.  He reckons it was working fine.  He tried to ring work from the home phone and got the same message, so we realised it was our phone that was at fault.  From his mobile he rang the home number, it rang, but nothing came through on the home phone.  He said he had tried to ring me during the day but the phone just rang out.

Got on the mobile phone to Telstra......firstly to the accounts section.  All fine there, no outstanding monies owing, everything paid up to date, (I knew that), so they inform us we must have a fault.  Gave us another number to ring.

Rang that number and put on hold for 43 minutes.......and I thought Telstra was improving customer relations.  Finally got someone to talk to, she can't really explain to us what is wrong, and so tell us that she will file a report and a service technician will call us within 12 - 24 hours.  So now we just have to wait.

Must say it's nice to have no working phone.....no interruptions during the day, during dinner and during the evening.

Must go and put my mobile phone on charge.......hardly ever use it, but it's good to know it's there if I need it.

From the Lens...........the culprit

No comments:

Post a Comment