Friday, November 12, 2010

Excitement In The Air

Friday 12th November, 2010


A visit to the nail salon is on the agenda for today then into town to pick up Tony and then off to pick up Katie.

Tonight will be almost as exciting as Christmas Eve because tomorrow is the annual Christmas Pageant through the streets of Adelaide and guess who will be arriving in town?
A small hint......white beard, wears red and comes from a cold climate flying through the skies with reindeers.

Katie still believes in Father Christmas but this may be her last year as she is already saying that the kids at school say he is not real.  I asked her "How come", and she said, " they say your Nanna and Poppa and Mum and Dad give you the presents, and they also say that Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy aren't real either".

I asked her, "What do you think?"

"Well Nanna, I know Father Christmas is real because you saw him and took a photo and also the reindeer eat the carrots and do little poos, and Easter Bunny did a wee on the paper and a poo and left grass on the floor."

One day soon I am going to have to 'fess up.  The photo was of Tony in one of my red tops, the carrots I nibbled, the poos were black and brown jelly beans.

With the Easter Bunny I sprayed water on the paper, left currants to look like the poo and scattered grass over the floor.

When she is told the truth I hope she is not too devastated and does not feel that we have betrayed her.  I would hate to think that she wouldn't be able to ever trust us again with anything we tell her.

I dread the day when she comes to me and asks "Is Father Christmas, Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy real or is it you and Poppa?"  Until that day I will get just as much happiness and excitement and joy as she does watching her revel in the magic of it all.

From the Lens...........Christmas Pageant

No comments:

Post a Comment