Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Where Is Spring?

Tuesday 12th October, 2010

The beautiful weather we had yesterday was short lived.  Today is showers and the temperature has dropped quite a few degrees.

I think our next door neighbour has fertilised his garden and lawn to take advantage of the rain.  OMG what a smell!!!  I was hanging out some washing and I had to end up coming inside as the smell was so awful.  It also brought out the flies.

At the moment I am listening to the radio while on the computer and each Tuesday night they have the travel show.
They are talking about cruising and it sounds so wonderful.  The only thing is I don't like boats no matter how big or small.  Even when one is moored to the wharf I feel it swaying.  Plus the older I get the more claustrophobic I am becoming and I don't know if I could sleep in a cabin.

At home I can't sleep with the curtains closed or any door closed.  I've got to be able to see out.  When the alarm went off this morning for Tony to get up they were talking about the rescue mission that is about to start for those miners in Chile and how they were going to be brought up to the surface in a capsule.   Just them talking about it made me feel like I was suffocating.

When we went to the movies to see Avatar I was going to walk out as I felt I was suffocating when the people were in and went into those capsules to sleep.  Each time they showed that I had to close my eyes.

I can't even watch documentaries of anything that is under water.  I also hate driving down roads that have large trees growing either side and cover the road.  I've got to be able to see the sky.  I will go up an escalator but will not come down one.  I just cannot put my foot onto that step at the top.  Yet I have no trouble going into a lift (elevator).

All of this has only affected me in the last 10 years or so.  Yeah, I know, I am a strange one.  Most people have phobias of one kind or another and these are mine.

From the Lens.........it is night time outside


No comments:

Post a Comment